Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wait Patiently

Ps. 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry.

David had learned the blessings that came from waiting patiently on the Lord. They were many and remembering them encouraged his soul. When David waited, the Lord...
  • inclined to him and heard his cry. How wonderful to know that when I cry He leans in and listens to my whisperings, my tears, my wailing, and my words, even my screams.
  • drew him up from the pit of destruction, out of a miry bog and set his feet on a rock. God is a sure and present deliverer. For me, he saved me from a life of sin and established me on the rock, Jesus.
  • made his steps secure. Once I am His, and my foundation is Jesus, then my steps are secure. I need not worry. Jesus has made me secure in His hand, and He is constantly with me.
  • put a new song in his mouth, a song of praise to God. How glorious! It is amazing how important song is to God. He has made it an integral part of worship and bringing glory to His name.
All this came as the result of waiting on the Lord, waiting for His perfect timing, waiting for our hearts to be united to His. As if all these actions were not enough, God blesses the man who makes his trust in the Lord! Blessed of God! Who is this man? He is the one who does not follow the proud because the proud have no room for God. They are filled with self-sufficiency and feast on their own glory. Neither does this man follow lies. God has given believers a discerning spirit because Jesus who is the Truth dwells personally with each one who belongs to Him. He has given believers the person of the Holy Spirit to teach us all things and bring all things to our remembrance that Jesus said. We have all we need to discern and resist lies! We are, and I am this person who is blessed of the Lord! What should my response be to these great blessings? I will proclaim and tell of them, tell of His wondrous deeds and thoughts toward us. He is beyond compare! Like David my heart must delight to do His will, O my God, Your law is within my heart. What is my delight? Am I like a greedy Christian who just laps up all the blessings without sharing with others, without delighting in God and in His law? Am I obedient to His words that He has written on my heart?

Father,
Thank You for reaching down and offering me the gift of salvation, for the gift of Jesus, and for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Teach me to delight in Your law and to heed the words You have written on my heart. Unite my heart to fear Your name. Let Your song be my song of praise.
In Jesus name,
Amen
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment