Tuesday, August 7, 2012

All Grace

II Cor. 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

The motivation and empowerment for all that I do is grace, all-abounding grace. It is so all-encompassing that it gives me all sufficiency in all things at all times. There is nothing that grace cannot handle, no defeat, no trial, no affliction, no deprivation, no persecution, etc. In this chapter Paul is dealing specifically with giving. If I give sparingly, I will reap sparingly. If I sow bountifully, I will reap bountifully. God wants me to give out of the all-abounding grace that flows into my life and out to others. I will be enriched in every good way to be generous in every way. The end result is thanksgiving to God! Giving is not just concerned with meeting the needs of the saints, but is also concerned with giving many thanks to God. Just as I am to give liberally to others, I should give God thanksgiving liberally. All of this brings glory to God! Thanks be to God for His inexpressible gift!

Father,
Give me a generous heart to meet the needs of others and to give thanks to You repeatedly and enthusiastically.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment