Sunday, August 5, 2012

Promises

II Cor. 7:1
Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

Since we have what promises?
  • I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them.
  • I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
  • I will be a Father to You
  • You shall be my sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.
This intimate, familial relationship with the Lord Almighty should be life changing for me. It should make me seek cleansing from every defilement of body and spirit. Sin should be abhorrent to me! It should put within me a desire for holiness that is only completed in the fear of God. God wants me to be holy as He is holy. How would I know His holiness? I think the only way is knowing Him in this intimate, personal way. He will live in me, and I will abide in Him. I will be His daughter, and He will be my Father. What a relationship that God has given me! What and life changing and life transforming result!

Father,
I understand this in theory, but how do I make it a reality. Teach me and grow me into this cleansing, awareness of sin, and holiness. Thank You for all the promises in Your word.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment