Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Father Son Relationship

Jn. 5:20
For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all that He Himself is doing.

Even though they are named the Father and the Son, the relationship is not one of dominance/subservience but one of function.
  • The Son can do nothing of His own will, but only what He sees the Father doing. What a great example to me! Do I seek to do things of my flesh or am I following the example of the Father?
  • The Father loves the Son and tells Him all He is doing. The Son is privy to the great love and knowledge of God, yet still a Son. I have the Word of God Himself.
  • As the Father raises the dead to life so does the Son. He has raised me to new life!
  • The Father judges no one but has given judgment to the Son so that the Son may be honored just as the Father is honored. They share the honor but the function or the task may be different.
  • Whoever refuses to honor the Son does not honor the Father. They exist in their relationship to man as a unit. No man comes to the Father but by the Son. He is the way, the truth, and the life.
  • As the Father has life in Himself so does the Son. Belief in the Son gives new life. It has changed me from spiritually dead to spiritually alive.
  • The Father has given the Son authority to execute judgment because He is the Son.
  • The Son judges rightly and does nothing on His own because He seeks not His own will but the will of the Father. Whose will do I seek to do?
  • The works that the Son does bear witness that He was sent by the Father, and likewise the Father bears witness that He has sent the Son.
  • The Son comes in the Father's name, and still the people did not and do not believe in the Son or receive the life that He offered.
Jesus came expressly from the Father to bring life to His chosen ones, the ones who believe in the Son and honor, love, and believe in the Father. Amazingly, many people believe in God without acknowledging the Son. What a deception! The Father cannot be known apart from the Son. Just as the Son seeks only the will of the Father, no matter how hard, so I must seek only the will of the Son and the Father. My relationship with the Son leads me to desire only to do the will of the Father.

Father,
Help me to know You better as I know Your Son better. Increase my faith and belief. Take away my desire for fleshly things and help me do only Your will.
In Jesus name,
Amen
     

No comments:

Post a Comment