Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weapons of Warfare

II Cor. 10:4-8
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy stronghold. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

I must fight with divine power not my own might or fleshly resolve for it is divine power that can actually destroy arguments and opinions that are contrary to God. It is through His power and grace that I can take every thought captive to obey Christ. It is through His power that I am willing to punish disobedience and that my obedience becomes complete. There is the crux of my problem. Too often, I try to muddle along in my own power, resolve, and strength. I am still operating in the power of my old life instead of the power of my new life. I am not relying on Christ and the power that He brings into my life.

Father,
Guide me in this warfare. Help me to rely on Your power and strength. Give me Your strength to take my thoughts captive to obey You in all things.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment