Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Signet Ring

Haggai 2:23
On that day, declares the Lord of hosts, I will take you, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, declares the Lord, and make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the Lord of Hosts.

A signet ring provides evidence of royal authority and ownership like a king sealing a document with his ring. The Lord is setting His impression upon the world through his royal representative, Zerubbabel, showing that God's promise to bless his people and the world at large through the house of David still stood. God's promise was secure in spite of years of judgment, hardship, and destruction. I love the image of the signet ring. The words of Zerubbabel were 100% God's words. He spoke in the place of God to the people. I think it is the same for me. I am God's representative to the world at large sharing his message of grace, love, mercy, and salvation. I am His signet ring showing the authenticity of the message by what Jesus has done personally in my life. To be a signet ring is a great responsibility. I can't be having my image shown in the wrong places and casting doubt on the words of God. As a signet ring, I must represent Him 100% of my time.

Father,
Teach me more about being Your representative and You ambassador. Give me strength to be unafraid, to stand for You and You alone. Make my life and my words by true to Your words.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment