Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Love of Christ Controls Us

II Cor. 5:14-15
For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died, and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised.

Christ's love, a love without parallel, is what controls my every thought, word, and deed. Because of His great sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection, I no longer live for myself but for Him. In theory this sounds so right and just, but in reality is it true? Am I no longer living for self? Am I living only for Him? How would it look if I did live every minute for Christ? What Christ did for me was the ultimate sacrifice. He left heaven, His father, suffered, was tortured, died a cruel death, and was raised to life again all so that He could reconcile man to the Father. Yet, what is my response? Do I take this for granted? I know that it is not my performance that makes me right with God, but still I should live like the same love that took Jesus to the cross controls my life. What a great love!

Father,
Show me how to live so that the love of Christ controls me constantly
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment