Thursday, August 2, 2012

What Is My Fragrance?

II Cor. 2:14-16
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.

Whatever I am or am not, it is because of Christ. I thank Him for in Him I am triumphant and through Him He spreads the fragrance of His knowledge. What a mission for me! I am to be the vehicle through which His fragrance is spread to others. My distinguishing fragrance should be Christ, not me, not my desires, dreams, goals, etc, and certainly not the world. Whatever I do, say, think, or feel, it should smell of Jesus Christ. Is His fragrance strong? Is it one that stops people short and confronts them? Is it one that makes them either desire it or reject it? On the other hand, have I masked the fragrance so much that it is not even noticeable? In my struggle for acceptance, have I tried to hide that identifying smell? Certainly, it is not a background fragrance, but one that demands acknowledgment. Luke says that it is a fragrance that separates even family members demanding 100% loyalty and allegiance. It cannot be worn only at certain times [when I am around other believers], but instead must become me, my identification, my reason for living. Since I am His and He is in me, I smell different!

Father,
Give me the courage and the grace to smell of Christ everywhere. Show me how to be this life-giving fragrance and to share it with those who need it most.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment