Friday, August 10, 2012

Yet, I Will Rejoice

Hab. 3:17-19
Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me tread on my high places.

What an attitude! Even when life-sustaining nature is devoid of life, rejoice! Rejoice no matter what because God is the God of my salvation, my strength, and He takes me to the high places with Him. But how? When the world seems to be crashing all around, how? My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Amazingly, I had these two passages in my Bible reading schedule today. What a blessing for God to reveal the how and not just the what! I must always remember that all I do, think, or feel is energized through grace. When there are no blossoms of health, no produce of activity, and seeming isolation, I can rejoice through His grace! He is my strength and through Him, I can be content with the hardships of my life. Thankfully, I do have food in the cupboard and produce in the garden, but God has given me a different arena of difficulty. Whatever the area, He is the same God of salvation and strength. He can take me to the high places to be intimate with Him.

Father,
Thank You for this great encouragement today. Teach me contentment in the midst of failing health. Teach me to look to You for strength, endurance, and the high places.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment