Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Five Loaves and Two Fish

Jn. 6:9
There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are they for so many?
 
How many times have I looked at my paltry life and uttered a similar statement? What can I do for so many? How can I share the message and to whom when there are so many people without Jesus? I have often thought that no one would listen to me. Why would they? Who am I? Certainly, just an ordinary person much like a small boy with a small lunch. I know that any thoughts like this are defeating and demonstrate a great lack of faith, but still at times, I have had them. Jesus showed how He could bless and transform the small into what the masses need. All He desired was a willing spirit. The men sat down, about 5000 of them, and Jesus gave thanks over the small boys small lunch. After praying, he fed all those seated bread and the fish. When everyone had eaten their fill, the disciples gathered up what was left, 12 baskets from 5 loaves. What a miracle! This is the miraculous work that God can do in a life willing to be lived for and used by Him. How encouraging to my heart!
 
Father,
Take my small life and transform it into what You desire it to be. Build my faith and take away anything in me that prevents Your miraculous work.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment