Monday, August 27, 2012

Timeless Praise

I Chron. 29:10-13
Therefore David blessed the Lord in the presence of all the assembly. And David said:Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of Israel our Father, forever and ever. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is Yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all. In Your hand are power and might, and in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank You, our God, and praise Your glorious name.
 
Praising God is timeless! What was in David's heart is in my heart! His words could be my words! In this same prayer, David told God that he was nothing, a mere man, a shadow with no abiding, and because of that, it was impossible for him to offer anything to God that God Himself did not already own. In fact, all David had was a blessing from God, a gift of His grace. What insight! He didn't try to claim ownership, declare his worth to God, or earn God's favor. Instead, He was in awe of a God who had blessed his life with so much. I am in awe of a God that has blessed my life with so much. All that I have in this life is from God, a gift of His grace. My heart exalts and praises the Great Provider of all!
 
Father,
Thank You for the gift of grace, for saving and sanctifying grace. Teach me how to praise You more completely every day.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment