Sunday, July 25, 2010

Faithful as a Son

Heb. 3:6

"But Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are His house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope."

I am part of God's house, His Body, His church. Where He is, there am I! What a blessing! When I think of all the ways that Jesus was faithful, it shows the great abundance of God's blessings to me. First He was faithful in coming as the Son of God to be the Son of Man, in saving the world from their sins, in fulfilling OT prophecies, in fulfilling the law, and in being obedient to death even to death on a cross. But this list is only a beginning, He is faithfully my intercessor, my grace-giver, my shepherd, my living water, my living bread, and my brother. Jesus is the eptiome of faithfulness. Whatever He and the Father have promised will be true. He is faithful to His word because faithfulness is His nature! Jesus came to be the first among many brothers, to bring many to Himself, and to bring His bride back to heaven purified, holy, and blameless. Without Jesus as the faithful son, where would I be? Lost and undone. With Jesus, all that God has for me is mine. Jesus is my confidence and my hope. Like Paul says, "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." The only 'indeed' for me is to hold fast. It sounds like this is something that I have to do, to hold on with all my might. Yet, Jesus not only tells me to hold on, He gives me the strength to hold on. It is all of grace and faith so that my boast is in Him. "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Jesus is my strength, my strength for holding fast. I must be fully dependent and surrendered so that He can work through me.

Father,
My heart is heavy with the blessing of Jesus, the Son. Thank You for Your gracious, sovereign plan that included me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment