Saturday, October 9, 2010

But As for Me

Ps. 69:13
"But as for me, my prayer is to You , O Lord, at an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of Your steadfast love answer me in Your saving faithfulness."

What a great model for prayer in this short verse! The psalmist realizes that God is the only One to whom he can pray. Even though his requests are urgent and heavy on his heart, he wants God to act in an acceptable time in the abundance of His steadfast love and saving faithfulness.

This is the prayer of my heart as well. Like the psalmist, I too direct my prayers only to God. This implies that I will not try and answer my prayers through my own means, but that I will wait patiently for God's timing. God's time is the only acceptable time because with Him all things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His will and purpose. His timing is best because He set the course of my life before I was even in existence!  Then when I bring my requests to God, I want not only His timing to be perfect but I want His answer to be filled with His abundant love and saving faithfulness. Love and faithfulness are some of His attributes that are precious to me because they establish an abiding relationship between God and me. They embody my salvation and my sanctification. This is the God that I know and love. If I prayed like this consistently, I wouldn't be impatient or worry.  It would leave me resting in Him and His will for my life. It would leave me at peace.

O Lord,
But as for me, my prayer is to you, in an acceptable time answer me according to Your abundant love and saving faithfulness.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment