Tuesday, October 5, 2010

God gave them up.

Rom. 1:24-32
Romans 1 explains how God has clearly revealed Himself to all people. His invisible attributes, that is His eternal power and divine nature, are demonstrated in nature. All man has to do is look around to see God's majesty. Because of this overwhelming evidence, man is without excuse. He has no recourse but to be held accountable for his choices. Choices like refusing to honor God, refusing to be thankful to God, and preferring man-made images in place of the immortal God.  These facts reveal the foolishness of man's thinking. He would rather worship and serve the creature more than the Creator. On such sin as this God must bring judgment. 

God gave man up to hearts of impurity, dishonorable passions, and a debased mind skewing man's course totally away from God.  He allowed man's evil desires to come to full fruition. What I am amazed at is that God's judgment on these people has become an accepted culture, even a life style to be praised.  In fact, it has become so far out of balance that if believers call these actions sin, then they are intolerant; in fact, laws are enacted to protect their life styles and to ensure their rights.  The last sentence in this passage says it all, "though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."  Sadly, that is our society!

What is my response?  How do I reach out in such a culture? Certainly, I cannot judge them, but I must  share the love of Christ with those who do not know the Lord. God is the only righteous judge. He will take care of what needs judging.  I am here as His emissary to share His love to those who need it most.
Father,
Guide me in sharing Your love. Erase my judgmental heart. Expose the sin in my heart so that I may reach out in love to all those who are lost.
In Jesus name,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading this recently. I always used to think Dad was exaggerating when he said the world was getting worse but I'm thinking he was right. :)

    ReplyDelete