Sunday, October 10, 2010

No Distrust

Rom. 5:20-21
"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in the faith as he gave glory to God fully convinced that God was able to do as He had promised."

Abraham did not waver.  He had no distrust whatsoever. How could this be possible when what God wanted him to believe was humanly impossible? I think it was because Abraham saw God for who He really was.  He knew His power, majesty, and ssovereign power. When I struggle believing God for something, it is because I am limiting God to what I know and think. It is almost like I am remaking Him in a form that I can understand, a form that resembles my humanity. Abraham didn't bring God down to his level, but instead he ascended to the heights of faith with God. There he heard the great promise that he would be the father of many nations when he didn't even have a child. I think that Abraham's unwavering faith was a gift from God. Since it was not a faith that Abraham produced, he could give glory to God. and claim no praise for himself.  Abraham was fully convinced in the power of God.  Because of his great faith, it was counted to him as righteousness.

What keeps me from having a faith like that?  How does an unwavering faith come about?  In human relationships it comes from spending time together, really knowing each other.  I think it is the same with God.  I need to be saturated in Him in prayer, praise, and in His Word.  The more that I know Him the more my faith will grow.

Father,
Work in my life refining my faith until it is unwavering and completely trusting.  Help me to live in the reality of the promises found within Your Word.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment