Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Signet Ring

Haggai 2:23
"On that day, declares the Lord of Hosts, I will take you, O Zerubbabel my servant the son of Shealtiel, declares the Lord, and make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the Lord of Hosts."

Zerubbabel was chosen by God for a special task. In the midst of a nation ripe for judgment this man was chosen to be God's representative, God's signet ring to the nation. What an image! A signet ring seals official documents and shows royal authority and owership. In Zerubbabel's case he was showing the ownership and authority of the Lord of Hosts.

When I read this I immediately thought of the fact that I am chosen as well, chosen for salvation, but also chosen to be God's representative to the world sharing Him and the great miracle He has done in my life. In essence I am a signet ring as well because my life shows God's royal authority and ownership.  I Cor. 6:19 says, "Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?  You are not your own, for you were bought with a price." Since my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, He indwells me constantly. His living presence in me proves my ownership and royal authority. This same Spirit seals me until the day of redemption and guides, leads, teaches, convicts, and even intercedes for me. He validates my ownership by God, an ownership that I am to share with the world. 
Am I really aware of my task as a signet ring?  Am I shining clearly or is my ring tarnished or even unused?  Does my life in all of its relationships ring true with God's stamp of authority? Visually this helps me see clearly what God would have me be. Wherever and whenever God leads me to an opening, I am to shine and share as the signet ring of my Soverign God.

Father,
Thank You for choosing me to be Your signet ring.  Help me to share your Words verbally and by my life.  Let me reflect Your authority and ownership.
In Jesus name,
Amen

Father,

No comments:

Post a Comment