Thursday, December 22, 2011

Enter Confidently

Heb. 10:19-15
Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus,  by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Since I have confidence to enter the holy place because of Jesus' shed blood, I don't have to worry that my sacrifice is blemished or inadequate because it has nothing to do with me. It is all because of Him. He has opened up a way for me when He as the God-Man became the great high priest over the house of God, the house of which I am a member. Because of Jesus I can draw near with a true heart, a heart bathed in grace, and in full assurance of faith, a gift from God, because my heart and conscience are washed clean and pure. This is not a gift to be taken lightly. It is one that I need to hold fast without wavering. Jesus, who promised me all this is faithful, and so I must be faithful in my response to Him. When He is reigning on the throne of my heart, then I am living in His grace and power. Then I can stir up others to good works and to love one another. I can be faithful in meeting with the body and stir others up to meet with the body as well. I can be faithful in encouraging others in the faith as we together wait for Jesus' return. What a glorious gift! 
 
Father,
Help me to wait faithfully and to hold fast without wavering. Keep me in Your words. My heart is full of praise for this glorious gift!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment