Thursday, December 29, 2011

Salvation belongs to our God

Rev. 7:13-14
Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, "Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?" I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

A great multitude came from every nation standing before the throne of God clothed in white robes and waving palm branches. They cried out with a loud voice declaring that salvation belongs to our God and to the Lamb. The angels, elders, and 4 living creatures fell on their faces and worshiped God saying, Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen! What a glorious scene!
 
One of the elders asked who these white-robed people were. The answer was the saints who came through the great tribulation washed and made white in the blood of the Lamb. What was their function in heaven? They were before the throne to serve Him continually in His temple, sheltered by God's presence and never hungering or thirsting anymore. The Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and He will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
 
As I read this I am reminded of I Pet. 5: 10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To Him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen Whatever God has in store for His children, He promises to be there with them and to bring them home to Him. When, where, or how this will come about, I am not sure. But I know that whatever the future holds, I must have faith and trust in Him. The blood of the Lamb must be the one, all-important thing in my life. 
 
Father,
Make me ready to stand for You whatever the future holds. As I read these chapters, I am afraid, yet I know that what you have for me is right for me.
In the name of the Lamb,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment