Thursday, December 15, 2011

For This I Toil

Col. 1:29
For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works within me.


Paul's ministry was based in making the Word of God fully known to people wherever he went. He proclaimed Jesus, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that he could present everyone mature in Christ. How did he do this? As he worked, all God's energy worked powerfully in him. This combination of human effort and divine power is the epitome of grace. Certainly Paul toiled and worked with a focus that was never interrupted, yet his work was all through the power of God working powerfully in him. Even as I read this, I think how hard it is to grasp this concept. Yet, maybe I don't have to grasp it. Perhaps I just need to trust God to make it a reality.

Father,
Teach me to toil but only as Your power works powerfully in me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment