Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weakness Made Strong

II Cor. 12:9-10
My grace is suffficent for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul knew of many reasons why he could boast including being taken up into the third heaven. Yet, he would not because he wanted his boast to be only in Jesus. But just in case human flesh would take over and pride would puff him up, God gave him a thorn in the flesh. Paul called it a messenger of Satan to harrass him. No doubt a constant struggle! It was something that would keep him weak and needy, calling out to God for grace and strength. It was something that would destroy his self-sufficiency, making him dependent on strength from above. It was something that could destroy him if he took his eyes and focus off God, but God reassured him telling Him that His grace was Paul's sufficiency, that His power was perfected in weakness. Hard words for someone who was a take charge kind of person! But Paul's final conclusion was that he would boast in his weakness because it was in weakness that he was strong. Because of that he was content with all kinds of weakness, with insults, with hardships, with persecutions, and with calamities. What a great attitude! Am I content with weaknesses?

Father,
Help me be content with the weaknesses and struggles You have placed in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment