Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Powerful Word

Heb. 4:12-13
For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

V. 11 of this same chapter speaks of striving to enter the rest and not falling short from disobedience. So the question naturally follows: how do we strive to enter the rest and not fall short from disobedience? Apparently, the answer is in v. 12. It is the Word of God, which is not just a book or a best seller, but is living and active. It is the Logos, Jesus Christ. To be obedient I must be in the Word, saturating my soul and spirit, allowing the Spirit to root out any sin and disobedience. It is only the Word that can know my thoughts and intentions. It is only the Word that exposes me for what I really am. It peels off the mask of hypocrisy and self-righteousness revealing the sins that are hidden not only to others but to myself. The Word helps me see myself as God sees me and prepares me for the day when I will have to stand before God and give and account of all that I am. Do I value the Word like it should be valued? Am I saturating myself in it?

Father,
Draw me to Your words. Make them the joy and delight of my soul. Give me the strength to accept what it reveals and the submission to allow Your Spirit to transform me. 
In Jesus name,
Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment