Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Final End

Rev. 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, Surely I am coming soon. Amen, Come, Lord Jesus!

What a glorious picture the last chapters of Revelation present! How fitting for the last day of the year and the last day of my reading plan! I am truly blessed because my robes have been washed so that I have ready entrance to the city and the tree of life. I came because I was thirsty for the water of life without price. I drank freely and was transformed into a child of God. When Jesus comes, and hopefully that will be soon,  there will no longer be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light and they will reign forever and ever. Those verses describe my life for eternity! The Holy City will be my dwelling place where God will dwell with me as His child. God Himself will be with me as my God. He will wipe away all my tears, death, pain, and mourning for all the old things will be passed away.

Just reading these events are so hard to comprehend. On one hand it sounds glorious and the shouts of praise swell my heart with emotion, but still there is such finality. What about unsaved loved ones? Have I shared with them as I should have? Thankfully, He is the righteous Judge and He knows all so I don't have to understand. I only need to trust and wait expectantly.

Father,
Keep my heart pure and ready for Your return. Help me to be faithful for You in my own personal life and in sharing with others.
In the name of the Lamb,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment