Monday, December 26, 2011

Love from I John

I Jn. 3:11
For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

I Jn. is packed with teaching on love, teaching that I need to know and apply.

Source: Jesus' sacrifice on the cross
Growth: If I keep His word, the love of God is perfected in me.
Identification: Love in me proves that I am in Him.
Application: If I love my brothers, I abide in the light.
Application: I must not love the world or the things that are in the world: the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride in possessions.
Source: The Father's love calls me the child of God.
Teaching: The message from the beginning that I should love others.
Application: Love not in word or talk but in deed and truth.
Teaching: I believe in the name of Jesus and love others as Jesus commanded.
Teaching: I am beloved.
Teaching: I love others because love is from God and when I love I am born of God and know God.
Teaching: God is love.
Teaching: Love is not that I love God but that He loved me and sent His Son to be my propitiation for sin.
Teaching: Since God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him.
Teaching: God's dwelling perfects His love in me so that I may be confident at the day of judgment.
Teaching: There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out fear.
Application: I love because He first loved me.
Application: If I say I love God and hate others, the love of God is not in me.
Teaching: Whoever loves the Father loves all those born of Him.
Application: I know I love others when I love God and keep His commandments.

Father,
Teach me to love as You loved, to obey all that You say.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment