Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mission

Acts 26:15-18
But rise and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles--to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

What a mission! Paul had come face to face with Jesus for a specific purpose. He was now to be a servant and witness of what he had seen with Jesus. He was to share a message that would open eyes turning those who believed from darkness to light and from Satan's power to God. These people would receive what Paul had received from Jesus, forgiveness and sanctification. Paul's life was no longer his to determine and control. He was now following Jesus' purpose for him. Whether it was beatings, starvation, ship wreck, or imprisonment, his course was set. He was not to be deterred. Like Paul, I too have met Jesus. He has changed my life and given me a purpose and a direction.I too am to share the message of forgiveness and sanctification with others. What is my response? Am I focused completely on what God has for me to do? Am I deterred by circumstances? 

Father,
Keep me on the course that You have set for me. Help me to keep focused on You regardless of the situation or the circumstances.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment