Saturday, December 24, 2011

Suffering Soldier

II Tim. 2:3-4
 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.

As Timothy was strengthened by the grace of Jesus Christ, he was also to be involved in ministry, teaching others what he had learned. But that was not all. He was to suffer as a good soldier of Jesus, a soldier not entangled with the world because His aim was to please Jesus. Is my life style like Timothy's in teaching others what I have learned? Am I following the process that Jesus set up, one on one, a changed life sharing with another changed life?  Ministry must be followed by suffering as a soldier of Jesus. Like Timothy I can't be entangled by the world, but when does what the world offers become an entanglement? Perhaps it is when suffering is no longer a part of my life.

Father,
Teach me to live to please You. Show me what it means to avoid entanglements. Help me to serve You in ministry and in suffering.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment