Friday, March 11, 2011

40-Year Reveiw

Deut. 1:3
"In the fortieth year, on the first day of the eleventh month, Moses spoke to the people of Israel according to all that the Lord had given him in commandment to them..."

Moses presented the facts to the people! This was not based in personal  interpretation or even in repeated oral history spoken around evening campfires. These were the workings and words of God who had shown Himself strong and faithful to His people. What had prevented them from crossing over the Jordan during this 40 year period? Simply, it was their sin and disobedience. God told them He had placed the land in front of them for their possession, yet, fear overtook them. They couldn't trust their deliverer to continue delivering. What was the response of the listeners now? Were their hearts shamed by their sin and foolishness? Were they still stubbornly resisting God?

It is good for me to stop and look back, to examine my life and see how God has worked, to see the pattern of His plan surfacing in the small details of my life. When I look back, do I see a pattern of growth? Do I see obedience as opposed to persistent disobedience? Am I treasuring the words that God has spoken to comfort me and uplift me? Am I faithfully waiting for His next command and direction? Is my heart more attune to the journey itself or to the God of the journey?

Father,
Keep me aware of Your words and Your ways in my life. Stop me frequently so that I may bless Your name for all that You have done and for all that You are. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, Bless His holy name." 
In Jesus name,
Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment