Monday, March 28, 2011

All Came to Pass

Josh. 21:45
"Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass."

Joshua apportioned to Israel all the lands that God had promised them. Then came the crucial step: they took possession and settled in their allotted lands. God gave them rest on every side because the enemies could not withstand them. He was definitely in their midst. Everything that God had said was true and real. Not even one word of God's promises had failed!

The walk by faith is similar: It is based on the promises of God and must be possessed by the power of God. When I obediently walk where God would have me and possess the life He wants for me, then I have rest as well. Jesus said, "Come unto me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Obedience brings rest! It cancels the interference of my flesh, my warring against the Spirit. It allows my desires to be His desires and His words to be my words. What hope I have in knowing that not even one word of what God promises will ever fail! II Cor. 7:1 tells me how I should respond to these great promises. "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God." God desires me to be cleansed, holy, and fearing Him. His Word is the key! His words are my life, my reason for living, my guidebook, my means of obedience, my way to be cleansed, my hope, my sustenance, my refuge, my stronghold...His words are all that I am and will every need. His words are living and powerful as He is!

Father,
Keep my eyes focused on Your Words so that I might know and love You. So that I might serve You wholeheartedly relying only on Your power.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment