Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When You Pass Over

Num.33:51
"When you pass over the Jordan into the land of Canaan, then you shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you..."

It's important to remember that God delivered the Israelites for a reason. He had prepared a land for them that they were to possess, but in order to possess that land, they had to drive out the inhabitants. What that meant was they must trust in God to deliver them from giants and all kinds of unknowns! In the past, God had miraculously delivered them from Egypt. He had preserved them on the wilderness walk with manna, quail, and even maintaining their shoes. Yet, conquering still another obstacle was hard, and to many, seemingly impossible. Crossing over the Jordan meant of life of battling, of conquering, of possessing.
Why couldn't they co-exist with these people? It was because of their figured stones, metal images, and high places. God could not be honored or worshipped as God without the destruction of these idols. God had said clearly that they would have no other gods before Him. He must singularly hold their hearts.

 I am wondering if I am possessing the land that God has for me? Do I live like God has saved me for a reason?  Have I engaged in battles to crucify my flesh and self-will? Have I exposed and destroyed the insidious idols that hidden themselves in my heart? 

Father,
Give me a godly desire to possess all that you have for me. Help me to choose Your way over any other way, no matter how self-defeating it is. Help me to abide in Your words and grow Your Spirit's fruit within me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment