Sunday, March 27, 2011

They did not utterly drive them out.

Josh. 16:10
"However, they did not drive out the Canaanites who lived in Gezer, so the Canaanites have lived in the midst of Ephraim to this day..."

God said to utterly drive out the former inhabitants of the land because they would become a snare to them, but sadly Ephraim and Manasseh did not. It says that both of these tribes put the Canaanites to forced labor. Certainly forced labor is not the way to go when God has commanded total destruction. Even though these tribes felt they were safe from the evils of these people, they were not. What God commands is the best and only way! It is as if they were making a provision for the flesh, a way for idolatry to take hold of them. Have I ever left a foothold for Satan in my life? Have I disobeyed God thinking that I knew best?

Father,
I confess the foolishness of my disobedient choices. Even though I think that these choices might be harmless or reasonable, I know they are wrong. Give me the strength to obey You only.
In Jesus name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment