Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strength to Believe and Claim

Josh. 14:11
"I am still as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me; my strength now is as my strength was then, for war and for going and coming."

Caleb was 85 years old at this time. God had not only kept him alive for the 45 years since God had spoken to Moses, but he was still strong, strong enough for war and for claiming the hill country that Moses had promised him. Because of this, he asked Joshua for the country where the fortified cities and the Anakim were. Completely undaunted, Caleb knew that if God would grant him the victory, his age meant nothing because,  "With God all things are possible." Joshua did not seem to hesitate for even a moment. He blessed Caleb and gave him Hebron for his inheritance because he wholly followed the Lord.  What a life of consistency Caleb must have lived! Both Moses and Joshua could easily see that his primary focus was following the Lord. Am I consistent in following the Lord? Is He consistently my primary focus? Do I use age as an excuse for allowing the Anakim to live in my life? Am I waiting on the Lord to be renewed?
"But they who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings, like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." 

Father,
Keep my strong in my faith, fervor, and vigor for You. Give me the desire and the grace to let your strength be my strength.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment