Sunday, March 20, 2011

Need-to-Know Basis

Deut. 19:29
"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Sadly, what humanity can see, humanity believes, but contrary to that, the believers' walk with God is one of faith, one that has trust and obedience at its core. These secrets things are the secrets of a Sovereign God who has established His plan and purpose, a purpose not bound by time constraints. I often think that God's plan for me is contained within my lifetime, yet, that is not necessarily so. Like Israel, I am also a part of a larger picture. I am only a piece of the puzzle. This larger, divine picture is something that I won't know until I reach heaven. So though I can see God at work within my life in the shorter time frame, it is exciting to think that God has a purpose for me in the larger time frame as well.

But since I live very much bound by time, I must live a life of trust. God has promised me that all things in my life will work together for my good because I love Him and am His chosen child. So if things happen that I don't understand or can't see the reason why, I can rest in Him. I can rest in the fact that He has searched me and known me. He knows what I will do and where I will go. He knows all my words and thoughts, and even before I was born, He knitted my inward parts together. I am fearfully and wonderfully made for His purpose and plan. So if all of this is true, why would I doubt? Why would I struggle to take control of my life? Why would I want to make my own decisions? Wouldn't it be better to trust the One who planned my life? It is in obedience and trust that I can bring glory to the One who formed me and established all my ways. What God has revealed to me is so that I can trust and obey! He knows the end from the beginning of my life and all life.

Father,
Build my trust in You so that obedience will be my first response. Convict me of my unrelenting flesh as it strives within me to take control. Give me the strength to win the war over self and only follow You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment