Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Provision

Judges 2:18b
"For the Lord was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who afflicted and oppressed them."

Even though Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, He was moved to pity and raised up judges for them. Because the Lord was with the judge, He saved Israel from their enemies. But sadly, when the judge died, Israel turned back and were more corrupt than they were before whoring after other gods and angering God. Even though God's presence could not tolerate their sin, He made a provision for them because His heart was moved to pity. What a gracious God! He loves His children so much that He was willing to make a provision for them.

God is still willing to make a provision for those who are His children. I am so thankful that He made a provision for me in the person of Jesus Christ who died for my sin. It was His shed blood that covered my sin so that when God looks at me, He only sees the righteousness of Christ not my heinous sin. What a Gracious God who loves me so very much!

Father,
Teach me how to stay true to You and to ignore the urges of my flesh. Keep my mind, heart, and strength focused on You. Thank You for making a provision for me in the person of Jesus, Your Son.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment