Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Greatest Commandment

Deut. 6:4
"Hear O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Your shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorpost of your house and on your gates."


What is God's place in my life? After reading this, it is clear that God is to be my all, all my minutes, all my focus, all my conversation, all my training, all that I do, think, or say.  The One True God is all-powerful and  worthy of obedience, respect, and fear. First, I am to love Him with all that I am and have, my heart, soul, and might. No other thing or person can be loved as much as I love God. Somewhat convicting! If I love Him this much, He would, of necessity, be on my heart, filling my thoughts and my conversation. When I sit what am I thinking or sharing? What is my conversation as I walk? How many times when I am walking or sitting do I zone out and not even think of anything? When I lie down or rise up, what are my last thoughts of the day or my first thoughts of the day? Am I thinking about 'my' schedule or spending time with Him? Am I meditating in the night? Are God's words helping me choose what I do with my hands and my eyes? Or do I just plough through life without having my 'God-Heart' on? To live like this would truly be humanly impossible! It would take the pure grace of God. Thankfully, He has given me His grace to live just like He commands me to. "For  my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." The way for me to obey His great command is through the power that He supplies. It is all of Him so that in everything He might be glorified!

Father,
Give my a desire for You that can change and shape me completely. Convict me of the sin that is preventing me from having an obedient heart and a godly focus.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment