Thursday, June 16, 2011

All Seeing

I Kings 9:3
"...I have consecrated this house that you have built, by putting my name there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time."

Solomon had built and dedicated the temple to God. In response the Lord appeared to him assuring him that He had heard his prayer. God Himself had consecrated the house by putting His name there. It was a mark of ownership. The house no longer belonged to Solomon or the workers, but it belonged to God. It was where He would dwell. Because this was now the abode of God, His eyes and heart would be there for all time.

By application, my heart is the temple of God as well. When He sends His Spirit to dwell in me, His eyes and heart are there for all time. Once I am a child of God no one can pluck me from His hand. I have this relationship not in a building but in my life. What a gift of salvation! My God lives personally within me, seeing all, hearing all, and feeling all. What does He desire of me? Like Solomon, I am to walk in integrity and uprightness. I am to obey His words, but the great thing is that He gives me the grace and strength to do this. My walk with Him is all of Him, His grace and nothing of my flesh. What should He be seeing, hearing, and feeling within me? The power of His grace bringing glory to His name!

Father,
Keep all I do saturated in Your grace. Keep me ever aware of Your presence as I go through each day.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment