Monday, June 13, 2011

Wholly True

I Kings 8:61
"Let your heart therefore be wholly true to the Lord our God, walking in His statutes and keeping His commandments, as this day."

There is the crux of the matter, keeping wholly true. Before Solomon ended his prayer, he pleaded with the Lord to listen and forgive His people because he knew the heart of his people, and for that matter, the heart of all people. He knew that sin would rear its ugly head and keep the human heart from being wholly true. The flesh is indeed weak! But God has promised to listen because He is a God of grace, steadfast love, and kindness. He forgives when I confess and repent. The problem is not God but me! How do I keep my heart wholly true? How do I stay true to His words?

Father,
Lead me in the way of truth so that I will be wholly Yours. Keep my heart seeking Your heart.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment