Tuesday, June 14, 2011

His Steadfast Love Endures Forever

II Chron. 7:3
'"When all the people of Israel saw the fire come down and the glory of the Lord on the temple, they bowed down with their faces to the ground on the pavement and worshiped and gave thanks to the Lord, saying, "For He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever."'

Solomon and the nation of Israel offered praise to God for His steadfast love. In the preceding chapters as the temple dedication was progressing, Solomon petitioned the Lord for forgiveness for his people. If and when his people would sin, Solomon wanted to be sure that God would forgive and preserve them. God answered Solomon in the night saying, "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place."  God's response was His loving kindness in action! He would forgive sin but humility, confession, and repentance must characterize the heart. God reassured Solomon that He had chosen this house and His eyes and ears would be there constantly. He would do as He promised.

What a blessing to have the God of the universe, the Creator of all be ready and willing to listen! It is a reminder to me to be aware of my heart's condition. Am I humble when I come before God? Am I truly repentant of the sin in my life? Thankfully, God shows me the same loving kindness that He showed to Solomon and Israel.

Father,
I offer You my heart. Make it soft and pliable. Grant me repentance so that I can walk in Your ways.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment