Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Praise the Lord

Ps. 150:6
"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!"

Praise should be the theme of  my life, filling my thoughts, my prayers, and even my actions. "Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His majesty is above earth and heaven."
He alone is worthy of praise because He is the creator of all. He is my Savior, the One who has saved me, loved me, and nurtured me. He is my protection from the physical and spiritual blasts of this world's system. But even with all of that, it is not so much that I remember what He has done for me, but that praise should be part of my new nature. It should be part of the relationship that I have with God. Am I praising God for who He is? Am I rejoicing in the new life He has given me? Am I seeing His hand in all the details of my life?

Father,
Keep my eyes open to Your works and my heart attune to who You are. Strengthen me so that praise emanates from my being at all times.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment