Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Steps

Prov. 20:24
"A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way?"

What a reason for prayer! All my steps are from God. He has ordered them before I was in existence. So it makes no sense why I would want to make decisions about my life when only God knows the directions and the intricacies. Sadly, "Every way of a man is right in His own eyes..."  How many times have I made decisions without consulting God and lived to regret those decisions? Countless!! Thank God for His grace, for His forgiveness, and for His steadfast loving kindness. He has told me clearly that "No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord."  Not only am I warned, but I am so thankful that He has ordered all my steps. I can rest in His sovereign wisdom for all the details of my life, the good and the bad. I can rest in His promise that all the things He has allowed in my life are for my good.

Father,
Keep me constantly aware of You and asking Your before I make decisions. Thank You for planning my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment