Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finished

II Chron. 5:1
"Thus all the work that Solomon did for the house of the Lord was finished. And Solomon brought in the things that David his father had dedicated, and stored the silver, the gold, and all the vessels in the treasuries of the house of God."

The house of the Lord was finished. What David had envisioned had come to fruititon in his son's life because God's plan superseded a single lifetime. It is a lesson for me to remember. I may not see the completion of a desire or a prayer request, but I must trust God for his timing, for His will to be perfectly fulfilled. 

Even though David's heart's desire was to build a house for His God, it was not God's will for him. His desire was a good thing, in fact, and excellent thing, but it wasn't what God wanted. Not every good idea or excellent plan that I have should necessarily happen. Instead I should seek only God's plan. 

Father,
Help me to keep my eyes focused on You as I seek Your will. Keep my grip loose on my ideas so that I am free to follow Your Spirit's lead.
In Jesus name,
Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment