Friday, June 3, 2011

Trust

Prov. 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths."

Since this was one of the verses that I learned as a child., it has been with me for many years, and yet, the meaning and the truth of it is still growing with me. In order for me to trust the Lord with all my heart, I can't trust in myself. I can't lean on my own understanding. That is tough! These verses are talking about giving the control of my life to God, that means praying constantly about decisions even small, mundane decisions, that means admitting I am weak and helpless to know what I should do. Even though I would be the first to admit, I am weak and helpless, I still seem to plough ahead doing my own thing. My self and flesh are unrelenting in their desire to control. But God is calling for me to abide in Him, to dwell with Him on a moment by moment basis, to talk to Him continuously throughout the day, to memorize and meditate on His words and let them dwell richly in me. He is calling for me to forget the wisdom of my own eyes and to fear Him. What a message is packed in these verses! The message is powerful and the promise brings hope! He will make straight my paths. He will take me straight into His presence.

Father,
Keep growing Your words in my life so that I will trust You above myself.  Take me daily straight into Your presence.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment