Thursday, June 30, 2011

Helpless

II Chron. 20:12
"O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You."

What a great prayer of helplessness from Jehoshaphat! He cried out to God to judge the invading hordes, admitted that, even though this was his desire, he didn't know what to do, and then said he would only look to God. His actions verified that He knew God was the only source of his deliverance and protection. His vision and focus were unwavering while he waited on God to answer. In fact, all Judah stood before the Lord waiting.

What a pattern for prayer! Express my desire. Admit my helplessness to know what to do. Keep my eyes unwavering focused on God, and wait for Him to answer and act.

Father,
Keep my prayers focused on You, Your power, and Your grace. I am helpless Lord and ask You to work in my life, growing me, and making me pleasing to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment