Friday, June 24, 2011

Seek the Lord

II Chron. 12:14
"And he did evil, for he did not set his heart to seek the Lord."

Even though Rehoboam reigned as king in Jerusalem, his heart was not for God. He did evil because he did not set his heart on seeking the Lord. What a key insight! Out of the heart come the issues of life. The heart's desires determine the focus of life. If the heart desires evil, then the life will pursue evil. It  becomes the ultimate choice: seek the Lord or seek evil. There is no middle ground. Even though man looks on the outward appearance, God looks on the heart. It is the heart that reveals the true person. The thing that amazes me is that even though I am seeking God in my spirit, my flesh can rise up and control my heart. Thank God for His grace and forgiveness. Thank God He is faithful and just to forgive when I confess.

Father,
Keep me ever faithful to seeking You with my whole heart. Convict me immediately when I begin to stray and lose my focus.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment