Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So True

Prov. 30:5
"Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."

What a great promise! I can count on the Word of God. I can build my life on it and cling to it in times of stress. Not only are His words true, but He is a shield to me if I take refuge in Him. The amazing thing is that He gives me the grace and strength to run to Him and to cling to His words. As someone who is utterly  helpless and undone, I can be filled with Him and His Spirit. How does this happen? Through the power of His Word! His words are "living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." God's words are like no other words! They are always true, powerful, discerning,  piercing, and exposing. His words are my refuge, my portion, and my stay. It is through them that I can grow and glorify God. 

Father,
Help me keep Your words first in my life. Help me to store them in my heart so that I might not sin against You.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment