Friday, June 10, 2011

Training

Prov. 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Strangely enough, when I was training my children, I thought this training was something that I had to do. So I was diligent and worked as hard as I could, but now I realize that it was not me that had to do the training but the grace of God in me. But thankfully, His grace toward me was not deterred in the lives of my children since God's grace is free flowing and all powerful to them as well as me. But what was different was me! I struggled when I should have rested! I was in conflict when I could have been in peace! I have since read a book where the author said he did his best parenting through prayer. What a glorious statement! That leaves it all to the grace of God and none to me! So for me, I want to do my best grand parenting through prayer. I want to be the best wife through prayer. I want my life to be all of grace and not of self!

Father,
Keep revealing myself to me so that I might confess and cry out for Your grace. Thank You for this grace walk and life! Even now I pray for my children, their spouses, and my grandchildren. Keep them tender toward Your Spirit, abounding in Your love, approving what is excellent, and filled with the fruit of righteousness.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment