Saturday, June 4, 2011

Keep Your Heart

Prov. 4:23
"Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life."

Prov. 4 stresses the importance of guarding my heart because the heart is the fountain of life. Out of it flow the issues of life. How do I do this? Saturating myself in the word of God and coming to Him for grace is the basis for my vigilance. Without the power of the Word and His grace, any guarding that I might do will surely fail. After v. 23, there are some other important directives that might help in this guarding of the heart. V. 24 warns about crooked speech and devious talk. If I indulge in those or even listen to those, I am not guarding my heart. V. 25 says to look forward and keep my gaze straight. When I do this, I can ponder the path of my feet and my way will be sure. When I turn away from evil, I will be guarding my heart. What sage advice!

Father,
Keep me ever in Your word so that my heart will be tender to your leading, so that I will follow Your path alone and be free from the evil influences all around me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment