Friday, November 12, 2010

Bless the Lord

Ps. 103:1-19
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name."

What a beautiful psalm! Certainly, one that is prime for memorization and meditation. I am to remember His benefits, not just to know them intellectually, but to allow them to become part of my soul and my spirit, to allow them to lift me up in the valley and to sustain me on the mountain top. What a glorious God I can call my Father!

Without fail, He
  • forgives all iniquities and heals all diseases
  • redeems my life
  • crowns me with steadfast love and mercy
  • satisfies me with good
  • renews my youth like an eagle
  • works righteousness in my life
  • makes known His ways to me
  • shows mercy and grace to me
  • deals with me without chiding or anger
  • deals with me without considering my sin
  • shows steadfast love to me from everlasting to everlasting
  • removes my sin as far as east is from the west
  • shows compassion to me as a loving father
  • knows my dust-filled frame
  • allows me to be part of His heavenly kingdom
What is my response? "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." What better way for me to remember the goodness of my God than to memorize this beautifully, poetic expression of worship.

Father,
What a gracious God You are! Your goodness only reinforces my undeserving state and Your great grace in my life. Certainly, nothing is of my doing! Thank You for choosing me for salvation and covering me in the blood of Your Son.
In Jesus name,
Amen

1 comment: