Monday, November 22, 2010

No Claim on Me

Jn. 14:30
"I will no longer talk with you much, for the ruler of this world is coming, He has no claim on me, but I do as the Father has commanded me so that the world may know that I love the Father..."

Jesus' time, His time for teaching and preparation was over because the ruler of this world was coming. Even though horrible things were to happen, it was a hollow victory for Satan. Jesus was not succumbing to Satan's power, but to the express will of the Father. In fact, Satan had no power whatsoever over Jesus! Jesus died and endured humiliation, cruelty, and death because of His love for the Father. At this moment in time the Father's will intersected the domain of Satan, but for what reason? So that Jesus could defeat Satan on his own grounds, in his own court. In death and resurrection, He conquered sin and death! When He did this, He paid the legal debt for my sin so that sin's reign and power over me is canceled too. I can say with confidence that Satan has no claim on me as well. I am God's, chosen by the Father, washed and redeemed by the Son, and sanctified by the Spirit. "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

Father,
My heart is full knowing that Satan's hold over me is broken even though I still live in the weakness of my flesh. Fill me grace and power through Your Spirit so that I can walk  by the Spirit and not by the flesh.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment