Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grace upon Grace

Jn. 1:16
"And from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace."

The fullness of Jesus Christ is grace. It is His essence, His nature, and His gift to those the Father has chosen for salvation. Through His sacrifice and death, His life essence was imparted to all those who believe. I receive not only grace for salvation, but grace upon grace. Grace for daily living, for weakness, for insults, for illness, for persecution, for sanctification, and for eventual glorification. His grace was magnified and made available through His great sacrificial love. It is a gift like no other!

Can I ever use up my allotment of grace? NO.  His grace is that never ending supply of all that I need to be obedient, to be a servant and a son, and to bring glory to His name. Grace is all that I am and will ever be. It is my hope and my stay. When I am hard pressed and feeling done in, grace is there to buoy me up and draw me back into my Father's loving arms. When illness and pain seem overwhelming, grace is there to carry the burden with me. When I don't understand and seem to have lost my way, grace is there to be my sure guide. When tragedies come and rip my heart asunder, grace is there to heal and soothe. No matter what my need, grace is there and is available to me. In fact, there is a throne of grace that I may enter with confidence for all the grace that I will ever need. That is the rub! I must ask for this great gift of grace! How many times have I struggled through on my own when this grace was waiting there for me?  Sadly, all to often. How foolish is my flesh! 

Father,
I confess my foolish 'take-charge' attitude. Draw me ever to You for your great gift of grace. Thank You Jesus for being grace upon grace for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment