Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Will Make Them Strong in the Lord

Zech. 10:12
'"I will make them strong in the Lord and they shall walk in His name," declares the Lord."'

How do I get strong in the Lord? God makes me strong in Him which then in turn helps me walk in His name. This is GRACE! Even though this verse is in the OT, it really is saying the same thing as Phil. 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Only the God of all grace would want me to be strong in Him and then give me the grace that enables me to be strong in Him! God saves me and gives me a purpose, a mission. Then in that mission and purpose, He gives me the strength and wisdom to do it. It is all of Him. "And this is not your own doing: it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast . For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."  Eph, 2:8-10  It is clear that God does not want human boasting so to eliminate it,  He does it all. Without God's grace, where would I be? Lost and unable to do anything! He does it all so that my heart is full of praise and thanksgiving, so that I am delighting in Him, and so that I am bringing glory to His name.

Father,
Thank You for making me strong in You and helping me to walk in Your name. I praise You for this great gift of grace.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment