Sunday, November 28, 2010

Enlarge My Heart

Ps. 119:32
"I will run in the way of Your commandments when You enlarge my heart."

This is my life verse! Even though it is one that many people don't really get, for me it says it all. My heart's desire is to run in the way of His commandments, and for years, I tried to do that. I found that many times it was fruitless and frustrating until God revealed to me the heart of the issue. Even though it is my responsibility to desire to run and to obey with all that I have, it must be accomplished by His strength and through His grace. He must enlarge my heart! Until He does that, I must wait!

Even though this concept sounds simple, practically it's not. I act and obey but only through His strength, but how do I access His strength? How do I know if my heart is enlarged by God? How do I eliminate my fleshly motives and desires? I am realizing that understanding this synergy may be something that I will never really grasp, but so far, He is directing me to saturate myself in His word and prayer so that His Word can change me from the inside out making me over into the Spirit-directed believer I should be. As I grow closer to God in prayer and in His word, my heart is knit closer and closer to Him. This closeness to Him is what enlarges my heart so that I can run as He would have me to do.

Father,
Help me to allow You full reign in my life to mold and form me into a heart that seeks only to serve You through Your Spirit. Keep teaching me what it means for You to enlarge my heart.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment